2016 promises to be a great year for Sittingbourne’s Indoor Pets. The band will be welcoming in the year with a tour of the UK, and soon after they will be starting production on their debut album.
Their bouncy indie pop is not the regular kind of sunny-side-up theatrics that many indie outfits practise, it is much more than that. Spearheaded by singer Jamie’s spirited coo and brought back down to earth by the band’s grittier grunge edges, their music is by no means plain. And with the recent release of their ‘Luge Lessons’ EP, featuring four insatiably strong tracks, they have set their sights on the big leagues.
We asked the band to pull together some of their most interesting and random facts, and here’s what they sent us…
1.Oliver used to work on the docks.
2.Oliver was the inspiration for the Meatloaf classic “Bat Out Of Hell”
3.When he was young, Oliver didn’t look a bit like Jesus.
4. Oliver has composed one song in his lifetime.. and it was about frying bacon.
5. Oliver’s favourite Back To the Future character is Biff Tannen.
6. Only after forming the band, Oliver began to learn how to play bass.
7. Who wears short shorts? Oliver wears short shorts.
8. Oliver trained at the Crystal Palace FC youth academy until the age of 13, sadly he had to retire from playing football due to an unfortunate smelting accident.
9. Oliver has a tattoo of the My Chemical Romance motif on his right forearm. He isn’t concerned.
10.James, Rob and Jamie don’t get much coverage in the media.
Indoor Pets’ new EP ‘Luge Lessons’ is out now. Buy it here. The band are also touring the UK throughout January and February. For the full list of tour dates, see below.